Ivor Court, North West London
This project was 3 years in the planning stage taking a worn out mansion block through the planning stages for a transformation of the common parts.
The job comprised refurbishment and renewal of new lighting, electrics, asbestos removal, recarpeting, painting, lift renewal, emergency fire planning works, emergency lighting, new fire doors and a fire curtain / fire stopping works etc.
MLM’s role included
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the directors and the residents through 18 months of living in what was a building site and an apartment block.
- MLM Property Management helped co-ordinate all the design teams and residents’ thoughts the design of the new common parts.
- Liaising with the surveying team to get an approved schedule of works
- Undertaking a full section 20 consultation
- Liaising with the contractors whilst on site and dealing with all payments.
- Collection of funds for the project.
The results or that the building has been transformed with a modern twist on an art deco theme at a cost of circa £2 million, the project has been a huge success for the leaseholders.
Brookfield Court, North London
This building had suffered from a lot of water ingress at point of handover of the management.
MLM are able to
- design a new suitable roof covering
- provided the tender document using in-house surveyors
- tendered the works
- complete the section 20 consultation process
- raise the necessary funds from leaseholders after getting their buy in this expensive project.
- Act a surveyors and Contract Administrator during the works
- The project was delivered on time and on budget with a contract value of approximately £125,000 to include a new 20 year independent insurance backed warranty.
Paynes and Borthwick Wharf, Greenwich
The project consisted of emergency boiler replacement to 256 apartments in winter from damaged boilers due to manufacturing defects.
MLM and 256 residents faced the prospect of an entire winter without heating or hot water due to problems with the existing new boilers which required replacement to the gas fired boilers. This project was only capable of being done in the time frame with the close working relationship MLM has with the board of directors.
MLM set about organising this as a set of emergency works and completed the job quickly and efficiently with minimal interruption to services by coordinating the following:
- Organised and planned for renewal through the introduction of specialist M and E consultants who designed a brief and specification which was tendered in the market.
- MLM made an application to the FTT to dispense with the consultation requirements of Section 20 as these were emergency works
- Organised for a temporary external gas fired boiler to be installed to ensure no loss of heat and hot water to the development whilst the works were undertaken.
- We brought the project in on time and on budget of circa £250,000.