Communal Heating System
MLM were tasked with reviewing the functionality of the communal heating system in order to facilitate billing of heating and hot water based upon actual consumption.
- MLM Property Management organised for the recommissioning of the HIUs and reviewing the efficiencies of the considerable plant generating heating and hot water.
- Fixed HIU meters in a significant number of properties to ensure residents bought into the system working on consumption not floor areas of apartments.
Reviewed utility suppliers for gas.
- Moved to consumption led billing with a 3rd party supplier.
- Extended the life span of the plant equipment by organising proper HIU servicing. The last service provided for over 98% of apartments being serviced out of 456.
- Substantially reduced utility arrears and restored confidence in consumption billing at the development.